5 Ways to Bring Peace and Positive Energy to Your Home
Home has always been a place where people feel safest and at peace. It should also be the source of your positive energy. Home décor and the way you arrange the furniture affect the overall energy of your home. If you want to turn your home into an oasis of peace and inspiring place, here are a couple of suggestions.
1. BRIGHTNESS AND FAVORITE COLORS
Your mood can depend a lot on the colors that surround you. Sometimes you may even not be aware that the color you hate has been inciting your anger or anxiety. Take a look around your home - remove the colors you don't like from the walls or the furniture. Instead, put up decorations, art, and furnishings that are your favorite color. Of course, you shouldn't go too far with one color. You can also add colors complementary to your favorite one.
Introducing more light into your home is an instant mood-booster. Brightening up the living space brings positive feelings and calming energy, as opposed to dim, low-light places. Natural light has positive effects on your mental state, reducing the risk of depression and anxiety.
Learn the tricks on how to give the room more light. For example, add more lamps to space, open up the shades, and use more powerful bulbs.
2. A VISION BOARD
We all daydream, and we all have specific wishes and goals when it comes to our future. Why not display those hopes and dreams on a vision board inside your home? Nothing motivates you and inspires you more than a few visual reminders of how you want your future to look like. You only need glue, scissors, a pinboard, and a couple of photos representing your plans. Putting up that board in a visible place in your home will bring positivity and inspire you to take steps to fulfill your dreams.
3. ESSENTIAL OILS
Essential oils are a great way to bring positive energy into a place. Various essential oil recipes help you reduce stress and anxiety, fight diseases, relax and improve your mood. Some of them even improve your focus and promote quality sleep. You simply buy an affordable diffuser that also matches your decor. With it, buy a few essential oils and see which ones fit you best. From there, you can experiment with other oils. Some of the most popular oils include:
- lavender - it reduces stress and calms you down
- bergamot - reduces fatigue, stress, and anxiety
- sweet orange - boosts your mood and incites creativity
- Ylang Ylang - relaxes you and alleviates anger.
4. REIKI TIPS FOR THE BEDROOM
The bedroom, being the room where we should feel completely safe, is the room that's in the focus or reiki methods of home organization. If you haven't tried these methods before, maybe now is the time.
First of all, avoid open storage in the bedroom, especially if you are a person who is prone to clutter and mess. Too many items on display in the bedroom clutter your mind. A lighting candle or essential oils lead to a calm, relaxing environment. However, the right smell depends on your personal preferences. Still, you should avoid citrus scents if you want to wind down in the bedroom after a stressful day.
It's important not to overcrowd your bedroom with stuff. Don't put anything under your bed and make sure your wardrobe contains only pieces of clothing that make you feel great and inspired. Avoid piling up things on the nightstand, too.
When it comes to the furniture, avoid sharp edges, and opt for furniture pieces that also spark the joy in you. Don't just focus on the practical use of the piece, but make sure you love it, too. Only opt for things you cherish, and that brings emotional attachment - they will protect you from negative energy. The same goes for home décor in every room – every decorative item should mean something to you.
Finally, if you tend to pile up things in your home, there are many ways to declutter it. The bedroom is one of the first rooms to declutter, where minimalism should be obvious. If you want to, you can place an individual crystal on the nightstand, and make sure there aren't piled up stuff next to it.
5. FENG SHUI APPROACH
Maybe you have already introduced some changes in your home according to Feng Shui guidelines. Perhaps you have never tried it before. Nevertheless, that's one of the ways you can help the free flow of positive energy inside your home. Every room requires a different approach. The following are some things to pay attention to:
- The hall - place a beautiful mirror in it, as well as fresh flowers to boost positive energy.
- The kitchen - avoid black and red inside this room. Make sure the cooker is placed under the window or opposite the kitchen door to ensure the vitality of your family.
- The living room - the furniture inside it should be proportionate with the size of the room. Don't block any of the doors with furniture pieces and place the main sofa against a wall to ensure support for your family. Activate wealth energy with a lamp placed in the corner of the room, opposite the room door.
- The dining room - as in the hall, fresh flowers, and a beautiful mirror will boost the energy in this room.
- The bedroom - pick neutral colors, and make sure the headboard of the bed is placed against the wall. Try to avoid placing the bed in line with the bedroom door, and place bedside tables on each side.
- The bathroom - your wealth can "get drained" if you don't place plants that will soak the water and slow that drainage process.
Peace and positive energy should be the primary goals when using home decor and furniture arrangement inside your house or flat. That way, you can relax and unwind inside your home whenever you need it. You can be sheltered from the outside world. Similarly, your home can be a source of positive energy, a place of inspiration, and motivation. It's where you can evolve and improve, and make beautiful plans about your future.
So, give yourself time to arrange your home so that it becomes you and help you get and stay in a good mood.
SHARING IS AWESOME!
Pin to your Home Decor board on Pinterest.